1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

PFMEA review from client

Discussion in 'FMEA - Failure Modes and Effects Analysis' started by Miki_Spaga, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Miki_Spaga

Miki_Spaga Member

Hello all,

First topic started so be kind :D

I have joined a company a couple of months back.
    Our main client is not automotive.

We have had a switch in the way we are "judged". From what I understand from my older collegues we have always been judged in accordance to ISO9001. Now our supplier link to the customer (SQA) decided that all we send over for the PPAP in regards to the FMEA's are not ok.

We have found that the client imposes use to use new IATF 16949 guidelines. PFMEA are rejected for having a RPN score bigger thatn 100 points. Although there is no official statement of who set this threshold or why it is set to 100..

Our automotive clients are not as "picky" as the non automotive one. So I am left a bit baffled

Can anybody shed some light or give some support on this matter?
    I await your advices and opinions

2. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

Get the AIAG FMEA book. Your SQA is 100% wrong. There is no requirement to act at an rpn of 100. The RPN is just a number not necessarily an action trigger. In fact you may want to focus on items with high severity instead.

Your simple fix is to change you numbers so RPN is 99. :)

John C. Abnet likes this.
  3. _Zeno_

_Zeno_ Member

Don't agree with the customer's logic but it is within their rights to establish that requirement under the generic "CUSTOMER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS". It's certainly not the worst requirement I've seen.