1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

New supplier development e commerce logistics

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Ankita sethi, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Ankita sethi

Ankita sethi New Member

Hello all,

I am stuck in a situation. I work in a logistics e commerce company and my managers have recently started seeing the potential benefits that quality management system can give and we are still in the first phase of planning the steps.
    Meanwhile a new requirement has come to expand and add a new supplier which will in future serve as a partner cum manufacturing Center in our supply chain line.My boss has requested me to set up complete quality management regulations for this facility right from material inflow to sample tests to Reklamation and other quality management related tasks. How should I proceed as we still haven’t identified important processes and other operational problems at our company.What should be the important steps that I should consider with this and establish a quality management plan for this new warehouse of ours.

2. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Good day Ankita, welcome to QFO!

Your boss has asked you for an enormous task. Is this to be a contract manufacturing agreement? Will your organization be overseeing operations in this "partnership"? Is this an existing manufacturer? Do they have ISO certification?

You did not state what the manufacturing center is to produce, what regulations would be applicable in your location, where the customers are located and what their regulatory requirements are. These are the basic questions. After knowing these, considerations include the type(s) of service, manufacturing, packaging and transportation processes this manufacturing center would use.

After learning the above you would be better informed for the purpose of deciding what to require of this partner organization.

R4Andrew likes this.