1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

MAJOR Non-conformance 7.5.1.1 b) Quality management system documentation

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by kimusqa, Mar 5, 2018.

1. kimusqa

kimusqa New Member

Hello everyone,

My organization underwent an internal audit per IATF16949:2016 and received one major non-conformance: Documented Processes required by IATF 16949 are not effectively communicating the various linkages within the QMS to determine conformance to specific clause requirements for documented information. Documented Information Clause 7.5.1.1.

I reviewed the requirement (attached below). upload_2018-3-5_15-42-28.png

We do have the quality manual, documented processes, sequence of interactions and customer specific requirements table; however, auditor had a difficult time following our processes and procedures as we combined some of them to have less processes.

Question: How many processes do we have to document? What is the number of processes that IATF16949 requires?

I'm now brainstorming on how to document the corrective action..

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Wow! Is this what the auditor wrote?
    "Documented Processes required by IATF 16949 are not effectively communicating the various linkages within the QMS to determine conformance to specific clause requirements for documented information."

Before we answer your question, I've not actually seen these words in IATF 16949 in 7.5.1.1! Therefore, it cannot be a non-conformance, let alone a major one (internal auditors shouldn't BE grading them in any case).

Is this internal auditor deemed competent, because if what they have reported - in italics - is accurate, they don't understand 7.5.1.1 - they are reading between the lines.

3. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

Yeah. A couple of clarifications. Was it an internal audit or a certification audit.

If certification, was was the wording of the finding. The sentence you quoted makes no sense.