1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Lighter documented information ISO9001:2015

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Somashekar, Aug 25, 2015.

1. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

The standard documentation in my organiztion is now the SOPs and Visual management, the checklist on the GEMBA walk. THerefore, I will staart auditing compliance to these documents suring transition to ISO9001:2015. Effectiveness of these documents will be the final judge. Thank you.

Jennifer Kirley likes this.
  2. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

Hello Jennifer,
    My company has started implementing the Continuous Improvement Lean initiatives and as such there are new SOPs and Visual Management documents on top of the existing ISO documents. Our documentation has gotten so fat and redundant that I started to make a pitch of "Fat Trimming redundant document" program to prepare for the new standard. Your comment is highly appreciated. Thank you.

3. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

"Fat Trimming" is a rather harsh name. ;-) I had a similar initiative in my former organization which I titled "5S the BMS" - focused on ensuring our management system components added value while utilizing a lean term that had some understanding.

4. Claes Gefvenberg

Claes Gefvenberg Moderator Staff Member

Rest assured that we will, and this is not limited to changes in Management System Standards: This is actually something we have done on a continual basis for many years.

When I took up this position, many written procedures resembled novels, obviously written with the aim to cover the issuers backside rather than convey the information necessary. Needless to say, our operators were thoroughly unimpressed, as they had to sift through a lot of flowery language in order to find the data they actually needed. Fortunately, those days when just about every update resulted in a written procedure less than half the size of the previous version are long gone, but the fight to convey no more and no less than the information needed for day to day work goes on. The same goes for the number of procedures. The bin is the right place for procedures that serve no purpose.

Somashekar likes this.