1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Lean ISO9000

Discussion in 'Forum Issues and Suggestions' started by MCW8888, Aug 19, 2015.

1. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

How about a Forum on Lean in the ISO world?

2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Why put the ISO constraint on it? A forum on Lean should be open to all aspects pertaining to it. Threads can be created by users if they questions or concerns on the connection between Lean and a Standard.

There is Lean, Six Sigma, DFSS sub-section in the 'Manufacturing and Service..." forum.

Michael and Andy Nichols like this.
  3. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

Well a sub forum on lean ISO could be warranted. Certainly the topic can support more than a few threads. On the surface lean and iso appear - and are believed by many - to be contradictory.

Perhaps if we get a few meaty discussions under the lean sub forum we can see the need for a separate sub forum?

4. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

I'm still not sure about Lean and ISO combined...especially if, as this title thread suggests, we're going to limit it to ISO 9001. A forum on "Integrating Lean into Your Culture" or something along those lines, might be more open to including any other management system in the discussion (e.g., environment, health and safety, even finance).

But, if I were to make a recommendation, it would be to separate Lean into its own sub-forum instead of combining it with Six Sigma and DFSS. The last two, in my opinion, are more process- and/or project-based...completed with statistics and data analysis and all that wonderful stuff.

Lean is a culture...a language...a methodology to be embraced by all. It does not come with a defined start/stop timeline. Perhaps a sub-forum of "Lean Methodology, Tools and Culture" or "Lean Implementation and Sustainability" within the forum where it is currently located would allow for more focused conversations.

5. Nikki

Nikki Well-Known Member

I would love to see a Lean category! We are looking into that ourselves right now.

6. charanjit singh

charanjit singh Member

There is also Lean Six Sigma which is quite popular these days. So could we combine Lean & Six Sigma as a singal forum or just add 'Lean Sigma" to the Six Sigma forum?

7. charanjit singh

charanjit singh Member

Reason for my suggestion of combining the two is that, while looking a 6 Sigma training-cum-certification site for my daughter, we found most of them offering Lean Six Sigma in stead of Six Sigma.