1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Joining a CQI?

Discussion in 'Professional Certifications and Degrees' started by Liam S, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Liam S

Liam S Member

I have been thinking about signing up to a CQI and was wondering if anyone has any experience of feedback on these kind of things?

I am a quality engineer at a Engineering/Manufacturing company running mainly with ISO9001:2015, would this is any benefit for me and my company at all?

Thank you.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

"a CQI" - do you mean "the Chartered Quality Institute"?

Liam S likes this.
  3. Liam S

Liam S Member

Sorry Andy, yes the Chartered Quality Institute.

4. Andy Nichols

Do it! Let me know if you need help. Probably the best professional institute for Quality people in the world.

Liam S likes this.
  5. Liam S

Liam S Member

Brilliant. I've been looking at it for a couple of months now. I think with your nod of approval I will certainly get signed up.
    Thanks as always Andy!

6. Steven Severt

Steven Severt Member

I'm honestly pretty curious about this and was wondering if you could elaborate. I was previously a member with ASQ and, while I did find some value in its resources and discounts, didn't ultimately find it worthwhile to continue paying the membership fees. When comparing CQI to ASQ, what would make a membership to CQI more worthwhile?

7. Andy Nichols

Apart from being very British I believe they have far more interesting articles etc. Although the qualification isn't widely known outside the UK - for me it was a personal goal since I'd dropped membership many years ago when I moved to the USA - the application is (I think) very interesting and appropriate.