1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ISO 9001:2015 Documentation

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Werielle Cariaga, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Werielle Cariaga

Werielle Cariaga New Member

Hi All,

I am new in this forum and would really appreciate your help.

Our company (Trading Company) is gearing toward ISO 9001:2015 certification this is our first time doing this because our customers required us to be certificated.

I have ideas on how to begin as i downloaded some sample template kits for documentation.

Can you give me links or sample documents so that I can know I am on the right track.

Thank you so much in advance.

2. Pondo

Pondo Member

Have you obtained the standard yet?

3. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Werielle, welcome to QFO and congrats on your first post.

Templates are a nice starting point, but you should make sure that they work for and add value to your organization.

It would be difficult for us to share examples of our documents here as many contain proprietary information and/or are not applicable to your organization.

As Pondo has indicated, obtaining a copy of the standard is also a benefit...understanding the standard (and how it applies to your organization) is even more helpful.

Have you or someone from your organization attended a course that:
    1. introduces you to ISO 9001;
    2. teaches you how to audit to ISO 9001, and/or,
    3. teaches you how to develop documentation for ISO 9001.
    These are also helpful courses to help get your organization on the right track.

Feedback from QFO members might also be more focused if we saw a copy of an example document that you have completed. The level of documentation that you're currently working on will also impact our response - policies are typically more high-level than procedures which are typically more high-level than work instructions...plus there are process maps and forms to consider.

Atul Khandekar and Pancho like this.