1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Is a video "documented information"?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by The Arbiter, Jun 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. The Arbiter

The Arbiter Member

Outside my dayjob, a community group I help run needs some proceedures and somone suggested video as the format. I wondered if that could be transfered into the ISO 9001 framework. How would you manage that? Its not like you could sign it ...... or could you?

2. Evers

Evers Member

Hi,

A video format can absolutely be used. ISO 9001 (7.5.3) Only requires you to be in control of the documented information, you are free to meet this requirement in any way that fits your needs.
    If your quality system is mostly digital already, it can be easy to incorporate the video in your existing documentation.

3. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Evidence of review and approval don't have to be in the document itself. Signatures may not always be the best form of approval. If you ask approval for a certain document thru email and this document is an attached file, the reply indicating approval of the document can serve as evidence of approval.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

No documents need signatures

John C. Abnet likes this.
  5. BradM

BradM Moderator Staff Member

I think it's a good idea and don't see a problem for it. Unless it's private/ proprietary type stuff, set it up on a Youtube channel that is controlled.

Just make sure in the video that things like quantity/ measurements/ etc. are really clear and spelled out. Procedures are kind of boring, :) :D, but they do have things like quantity and measurements in clear text/ language.