1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Is 2008 still current?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management Systems' started by The Arbiter, Jun 17, 2021.

1. The Arbiter

The Arbiter Member

Not wishing to offend anyone using it but with 2015 well established, is 2008 still a supported standard? I though that there would be a transition and then a cut-off. Maybe this aught to be a sticky.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

As with all ISO standards, they go through a regular review cycle, to ensure "currency" in the served marketplace. ISO 9001's review cycle is 5 years and 2008 thus became obsolete as a result, when the revision process produced the 2015 edition.

If you look at the ISO website it will tell you that 2008 is now obsolete: https://www.iso.org/standard/62085.html

3. The Arbiter

The Arbiter Member

Thanks. I found a supplier who listed it in their accreditations, so I wondered. The also have AS9100 so its all good.

4. Andy Nichols

It's not unusual for the people who maintain the company website to overlook the importance of current certifications (not "accreditation"). I'd also check on the validity of the AS9100 certification, too because it could be "C" and the latest version is "D".

5. Andy Nichols

BTW, the review cycle has just closed and, by the narrowest of margins, it was voted to keep the current version until 2026.

The Arbiter likes this.