1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Internal and External Audit Plan

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Kodirl, May 28, 2020.

1. Kodirl

Kodirl Member

Hi everyone,

I'm back gain for more advice. Our company has been asked by a potential customer to provide
    our "current internal and external audit plan".

Does external refer to Sub suppliers who we are planning on auditing or does it mean external certification bodies who will be certifying our QMS?

Thanks.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

So many people ask for things and use names that mean anything to everyone. I'd seek clarification from them. ISO 9001 requires an audit program (1 or more audits) not "a plan". However, I suspect that your customer wants to see a calendar/schedule of audits for 2020 (good luck making sense of that)

External audits could be either suppliers (which you're NOT required to audit) or your Certification Body dates (which could be overlaid on your internal audit calendar. The more I type, the less I like their questions. Seek clarification rather than have us guess. Actually I have no idea why they are even asking - if you're ISO Certified.

John C. Abnet likes this.
  3. Kodirl

Kodirl Member

Thanks again Andy. I thought it was an audit schedule. I will seek clarification from them.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

The naming conventions for ISO audit things comes from referencing ISO 19011, BTW. Your customer may have their own terms.