1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Informing supplier of CSRs and CSR changes

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by russell nugent, Jun 13, 2022.

1. russell nugent

russell nugent Active Member

Afternoon all
    I am looking for some advice regarding customer specific requirements . At the moment we do a monthly check on customer specific requirements and share any updates internally with management and auditors . I am looking at how to inform suppliers and to what level of detail we should go into .Should I send entire SQA and hope the supplier reads and understands or should I pick out relevant sections and explain to supplier .

Any pointers would be appreciated.

2. russell nugent

Reaching out again for help on this one , got a load of feedback from supplier ( some not to polite ) regarding passing on customers CSRs down the supply chain . The informing and notification is fine , I am just wondering how we deal with suppliers in regards to developing and giving a fuller understanding of requirements in CSRs .

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Aha! "Supplier Development" - is a case by case deal where some get it, some need a big shove. To get the benefit, you may have to put in some work with those who need "a shove"

RonR Quality Pro likes this.
  4. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Hello russell nugent,

My understanding of the supplier relationship is that the supplier understands and agrees to conform to the customer requirements.

If there is a means for that conformance to be confirmed, the exact form needs to be established. In cases such as RoHS, the requirements are sent by the customer. Other requirements are set in the contracting stage.

This does not involve supplier development.

Changes of requirements are the responsibility of the customer. The customer should, within reason, have a functional process in place to inform suppliers of changes. Ideally this would include a collaborative effort to ensure the change is achievable in an engineering sense; that is part of the customer/supplier arrangement.

I hope this helps.

5. russell nugent

Thanks for the feedback guys , its a tricky one especially when the suppliers are set at the start of the project (direct buy )and it is very difficult to requalify any changes or find an alternative supplier .