1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Incoming goods inspection:AQL, Sampling Plans for 'partial lots'

Discussion in 'Sampling, Standards and Inspection' started by QAENG, May 31, 2018.

1. QAENG

QAENG New Member

Hello,

We are a "turn key" factory - for mechanical assemblies.
    I want to implement sampling method for our incoming goods inspection department.
    we are recieving different parts from our suppliers. (electronic packaging, machining, wiring etc.)

1. Most of our suppliers are long term manufacturers, and they deliver partial lots (manufactured 2000 and sending 500 units for example.) does AQL relevant for the partial lot (500 units) or for the manufactured quantity? -if I found bigger then C defective units I'm rejecting only 500 units?

2. Should I prefer double sampling plan due to long lead time?

3. Is it common in my case to demand C=0 from our suppliers?

4. Is it common in my case to demand replace units / charge the supplier for the defective units although the lot has accepted? (X<C)

5. Should I use different AQL for different suppliers (electronic packaging, machining, wiring etc.)

Is there a better method that suits the mentioned QC activity?

Thanks in advance

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I've never found any sampling plan to be useful - partly because it's the wrong application! To use a sampling plan effectively, you have to perform some kind of capability study to know what the process capability is and unless your supplier gives that to you, it's pretty much worthless. You could just as easy reach in the box and grab a handful and check them...

3. QAENG

QAENG New Member

Hi Andy, could you specify? what's a capability study and what does it include?
    thanks