1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

IATF 16949 section 9.3.2.1 (d) & (e): Management Review Inputs

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by bkirch, May 10, 2017.

1. bkirch

bkirch Active Member

With the new IATF 16949 standard, there are some new required inputs to management review meetings. For a few of these, I am struggling identifying information that we can use to meet the requirements. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The inputs that I am struggling with are:

Clause 9.3.2.1 (d) - Adequacy of resources
    Clause 9.3.2.1 (e) - Assessments of manufacturing feasibility made for changes to existing operations and for new facilities or new product

2. CC Lau

CC Lau New Member

When you considering (e) you already partially fulfil (d). (e) didn't consideration of man power. You can have your HR to present in the management review the turn over rate and have the HODs to discuss whether current manpower are able to support current business.
    For e) facility and production HOD need to provide feedback whether current facilities and equipment are able to support current operation. Normally mine management review meeting minutes just quote they feedback current facilities and equipment able to support current operation. If you have new building or new product which require new equipment and facilities, make sure all these details are capture in the management review meeting minutes.

3. Elias

Elias New Member

I would like to have a list of topics as per IATF16949 to be discussed in the Management review meeting.Could one please forward to me.

4. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

The list is in the IAAF standard.

5. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Adequacy of resources is from ISO 9001:2015 clause 9.3.2d. This supplements the first statement as specified in clause 9.3.1 which says "Top management shall review the organization’s quality management system, at planned intervals, to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy, effectiveness and alignment with the strategic direction of the organization". ISO/TS 9002:2016 clarified that when we review our QMS the main intentions are to determine whether the system is:
    Suitable - does it still fit its purpose?
    Adequate - is it still sufficient?
    Effective - does it still achieve the intended results?​
    If you need to review "adequacy of resources", you need to consider the relevant requirements in clause 7.1 (i.e. people, infrastructure, environment for the operation of the processes, monitoring and measuring resources, organizational knowledge). Ask yourself are they sufficient to ensure effective operation and control of the QMS processes? If the answer is not satisfactory, then you will need to consider clause 9.3.3c (see also 4.4.1d).

Clause 9.3.2.1e of IATF 16949 is more specific to the evaluation of the capability of the organization's manufacturing process to produce products that will meet the customer requirements. Consider other clauses such as 7.1.3.1, 8.1.1c, and 8.2.3.1.3. In performing the manufacturing feasibility assessment, the following questions can be considered:
    Can the product be manufactured to tolerances specified on drawing?
    Can we produce the product as per the customer required material?
    Do we have the suitable measuring equipment to check conformance to engineering specifications?
    Is there adequate capacity to produce the product?
    Can the product be manufactured without incurring any unusual cost for capital equipment?​
    A "NO" answer to any of the question should be acted upon prior to commitment to supply the product to the customer.

Kovács Roland and Deb Lantz like this.