1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Help, important suggestions of quality improvements!

Discussion in 'Other Quality and Business Related Topics' started by Quencyjones79, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Quencyjones79

Quencyjones79 New Member

Hello everyone.

At the moment, I am doing an Administrative Technician curricular internship that ends on August 11, 2022.

However, finishing this internship, I intend to carry out a professional internship in the area of Quality, which is, as mentioned, my intended area.

I took the initiative to make an excel file with the survey I made of the employees of a boat company, so I really appreciate your opinion and any more suggestions you can make regarding the Quality constraints and Trainning (in red are the quality constraints and trainning and in purple proposals to deal with these constraints).

It is a proposal that I will then make to the organization for a professional internship so I would really appreciate your suggestions and your help.

I expect your answer as soon as possible.

Best regards

José Moreira

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hi Jose: Welcome and you've got an interesting project.

Firstly and fore mostly, As a Quality intern you must "WOW" management with a clear problem statement and it's impact on profitability - or on customers' satisfaction. Reading quickly through your spreadsheet, (which is likely too much for a top management person to absorb), your "problems' are clearly stated - but what's the effect on $$$$? (or your local currency).

As Quality people we must learn to a) communicate briefly what can be complex issues and b) related them to terms upper management understand: Costs, customer satisfaction or regulatory compliance.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  3. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

@Andy Nichols is spot on. Management needs it boiled down to how it affects the bottom line (and maybe with good management, customer satisfaction). You probably only get 30 seconds of their time so maybe a pareto chart with showing the biggest issues and a benefits-to-change chart (where attention goes back to the bottom line).

I did take a quick look at your spreadsheet. This caught my eye:

whoever has this type of attitude will have to replace the new/useful material that was wasted or pay a fine in the last case, a call for attention may be necessary by their supervisor or, in an extreme situation, the employee may be fired.

One of the best ways to alienate the team from the quality folks is to start immediately with the beatings. You will NEVER be trusted after that and issues will be hidden. First do your homework on why these things are happening. You may have to overcome fear before you can get to the truth.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Amen!