1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Greetings from Santa Clara, CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FlynBrian27, Dec 27, 2019.

1. FlynBrian27

FlynBrian27 New Member

Hello Everyone!

My name is Brian.
    I've been a machinist for 28 years, with an overlap of 13 yrs of Quality work
    (8 overlapping and 5 Full on QA).

I started as a manual (Mill and Tooling Lathes) machinist on July 25, 1986, to eventually running small CNC Lathes.
    I self taught myself G (& M-code)code programming long hand to be a pretty good CNC lathe machinist.

Later, I decided it was pretty cool working in the QA dept, as summers are fairly warm in California.
    So, I moved my career in the direction of full time QA.

I've received Certificates in CMM Manager software, and Zeiss CMM Metrology programming for their Calypso software.
    A couple of us here at the shop are currently going thru 6S Green Belt training in our spare time.

I am currently a QM at a local Machine Shop here in Silicon Valley.

I have extensive knowledge in the Aerospace industry (AS9100) inspection process along with semiconductor industry.

I am happy to be as much of an asset to all of you, as you will be to me.

Thank you.

Jennifer Kirley and Andy Nichols like this.
  2. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Brian!

3. S1D3K1CK

S1D3K1CK Active Member

Welcome and greetings from Fresno, California. We also have CMM Manager software and use a Mitutoyo manual CMM. I hope we can bounce information and knowledge to each other in the future.