1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Exam Test - Internal Audit Creation

Discussion in 'Training - Internal, External and Web-Based' started by Padym, May 11, 2016.

1. Padym

Padym Active Member

Hi All,
    We bought an Internal Audit Training presentation slides to train additional resources on Internal Auditor. We are looking to create a question bank on MCQ, short, true or false, Non-conformance identification etc.

Can anyone advise any software to achieve this? I checked Google forms, but it doesn't have the option to mark correct answer of the choices, responses gets populated in excel and then needs analysis further.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Can I ask why you want to do this? What's needed it to develop competencies. Exams don't help with competencies. It would be far better to observe an internal auditor go through the process and give feedback, in my experience. Just as sitting a drivers test in a class doesn't mean someone can drive a car "real world"...

MCW8888 likes this.
  3. Padym

Padym Active Member

I agree but still I emphasize the need for tests, the exam which is one of the methods to reinforce concepts so far learned. I've also arranged mock internal Audit activities similar to lines of training institute, conduct in lead auditor course before putting them on actual schedule audits.
    Sitting in driver's test wouldn't make him pro in the real world, but certainly gives the person necessary confidence to have a smooth start. Isn't it?

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Padym: Adults learn from experience. Sitting tests isn't experience. Doing individually coached internal audits, is the most effective way to develop competencies... More work? You bet, but it pays dividends.

Claes Gefvenberg likes this.
  5. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

My experience was enriched not in the classroom training but in doing the actual work and learning from my mistakes. I have trained my internal auditors and evaluated their effectiveness and gave them my certificate of approval after they have gone through the IA process and write reports. The internal auditors were process owners who's main goal in the audit is to find process deficiencies and identifying the Risk to the internal or external customer and report the deficiencies to the supervisors and Top management.

Andy Nichols likes this.