1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Does Customer NCR Require a Corrective Action

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by MikeR, Feb 2, 2022.

1. MikeR

MikeR Member

Hello,
    Does AS9100D require an organization to perform a Corrective Action if they receive an NCR from their customer?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hi MikeR. When you ask this, I'm guessing you have a copy of AS9100D and have spent hours scouring the pages? Or did someone tell you that?

3. MikeR

MikeR Member

Hey Andy,
    Yes, you've guessed correctly and have never seen this explicitly called out.
    But I have heard on more than one occasion (I don't recall specifically where...) people in the quality world infer that this might be the case.
    Since I've not seen this in print myself, I've been wondering if this was more of a best practice or if the standard actually required it.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, there's a bunch of hearsay and mythology about this kind of thing - so much so, I believe someone has written and had published a book about the myths (soon to have a new updated one released) ;)

The answer is no. In many cases, a simple replacement - as disposition - would be all that's necessary. No handwringing, no soul searching, no 8D root-cause investigating. Just "Where's the one which broke, we'll send a replacement"...

5. MikeR

MikeR Member

Thx Andy.

Andy Nichols likes this.