1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Does 13485:2016 - 7.2.3 Customer Communication include marketing?

Discussion in 'ISO 13485 and ISO 14969 – Medical Devices QMS' started by Qualityforum Mainar, Nov 10, 2017.

?

Should the marketing process be part of a 13485:2016 QMS?

Poll closed Dec 10, 2017.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. Qualityforum Mainar

Qualityforum Mainar New Member

13485:2016 7.2.3 states that the organization shall plan and document arrangements for communicating with customers in relation to product information.

Can anyone refer me to a source that states that this clause was intended by the standard writers to include marketing into a QMS? I have read about this in another forum that stated that marketing is for "prospects" and not actual customers. I, however, disagree in which marketing can reach and also specifically target current customers.

2. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

Not sure you can make general assumptions about the responsibilities of marketing. Some may well be responsible for customer communications whereas others may not.

Marketing outputs may very well be considered labeling so that may be another avenue for possible inclusion.

Atul Khandekar likes this.