1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

DOE for Paint Industries

Discussion in 'DOE - Design of Experiments' started by Azman Bin Hussain, Sep 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Azman Bin Hussain

Azman Bin Hussain New Member

Hi, anyone knows about DOE in paint industries? Is there any different or precautions we need to take?

2. Miner

Miner Moderator Staff Member

I don't know anything specific, but suspect that you could run into mixture designs if you experiment with the paint formulation.

3. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

Mixture experiments may definitely help.
    Also remember that many of the important Customer related characteristics are difficult to measure (such as color and adhesion) so solid Measurement Systems analyses should be employed

4. Scott

Scott Member

I agree with the above with regards to mixture experiments - by which i assume you mean ingredients within the mixture at different levels.

You could also look into the process of mixing - again assuming it isnt a manual operation - your processes will have several inputs such as raw material viscosity, pressures, mix times etc

5. Chris Brockway

Chris Brockway Member

It's a little more complex than might at first be imagined. The dispersion of the pigment is often highly dependent on the millbase composition - I'd suggest that you restrict the designed experiment to the millbase portion first.