1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Document control

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Adam Reynolds, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Adam Reynolds

Adam Reynolds New Member

Hi,
    I am using SharePoint document control software for our Integrated Management System.

My question is - Do I have to have the document control eg issue date and revision in my documents footer?

Or can I simply manage the document issue date and revision through the SharePoint IMS?

Kind regards

Adam

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hi Adam - great question. The answer is going to depend, for the most part on how disciplined your people are (or designated people are) when dealing with obsolete documents. In principle, each time a revision is made to electronic media information (documents), the Sharepoint version would be the latest and greatest and all the people have access to. Practically speaking it doesn't happen that way and people copy to desktops, use print media and so on. Therefore, if two somewhat differing documents are made available, how would anyone be able to tell which was the "right" one? Typically, a revision or date identifier is used.

3. Adam Reynolds

Adam Reynolds New Member

Hi Andy,

This is the first time using SharePoint and my Director asked do we need to have the footers then if the SharePoint is the management system. I think in my career I don't think I have seen one document without the footers as a document revision identifier.

Thank you for replying though Andy!