1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Determining the needs of interested parties?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Craig Dixon, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Craig Dixon

Craig Dixon Member

Could anyone suggest an appropriate way of determining the needs and expectations of employees.
    I know these are going to be fairly obvious things such as job security, training and safe working environment but how would you determine these needs and evidence them accordingly.

Also, my supplier needs could be difficult to capture and evidence even though they are going to be fairly obvious things such as timely payments

I think I could use customer feedback to help determine my customers needs and I could evidence this using customer feedback questionnaires etc.

2. Steve Barkley

Steve Barkley New Member

Anonymous employee surveys can go a long way for determining employee needs and satisfaction. What tools do employees need to produce a quality product or provide a superior service?

Supplier needs could be list of requirements needed to place an order; specifications, delivery dates, means of delivery, payment terms, and most important, how quality issues will be resolved. Putting that out in front of you and your supplier before there is a major issue will save you both a lot of time and money. Maybe your only supplier is Amazon, then yyour supplier needs might be as simple as an annual Prime membership fee, an Amazon credit card to defer payments, pick out what you want and specify how soon you need it with each order, and you should know Amazon's return policy inside and out. Not much to negotiate but it covers the suppliers needs.

Customer's needs can vary, some customers have very detailed manuals of how to be a good supplier, and some just want what they ordered as soon as you can get it to them. Customer feedback questionnaires can be great but tend to get filled out only when there is a problem which will feed your corrective action process.

Craig Dixon likes this.
  3. Craig Dixon

Craig Dixon Member

Thanks.
    Yes I agree, employee surveys are good as a partial indicator but should be supplemented with alternative methods. I also use repeat business analysis to monitor satisfaction.