1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Culture and Quality

Discussion in 'Documentation Control, Procedures, Templates,...' started by Mayra Rivera, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Mayra Rivera

Mayra Rivera New Member

How do you even start to incorporate in employee minds the importance of quality process control importance to the organization? It’s hard to be in a QA role where there is no real respect to it.

2. Eric Twiname

Eric Twiname Well-Known Member

I wouldn't....not with those words.
    I would learn together with folks what makes the most sense practically...what makes sense to do? What makes the most sense on how to do it? Sense in light of the larger organization, not just the one person. Then the job is already done, and you can choose or not to alter the terminology.

Note that "Quality" and "ISO" and "QMS" did not appear in what I said...these terms shut people off, use the real words like "safer", "more effective", "CYA", "Higher profitability"...everyone can understand those terms.

Jennifer Kirley and Mayra Rivera like this.
  3. Mayra Rivera

Mayra Rivera New Member

I re -read my post and i had an extra *”importance” on there, ...thanks for your response that perspective makes sense.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

You don't. Management does. The employees are a reflection of the leadership's attitudes.

Mayra Rivera and Jennifer Kirley like this.
  5. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Mayra!

Eric and Andy are right.

I have no idea about what your organization is like, or what the employees are like, where you are, what you do or for how long the organization has been operating.

I have seen a good work ethic in miserable people, but they were skilled, well compensated and had few alternatives for a place to go work. I expect that it would be harder to get the younger people to tolerate top management's obvious cynicism (the owner was a self-described "benevolent dictator") that their elders did, but the owner did retire shortly after I left. Sometimes a change in management is what is needed.

Sometimes top management can change. It happened with Texas Nameplate Company. The President describes the change of leadership heart to be very difficult personally. We should note that the personnel were skilled and caring enough to make the change work, they just needed top management to support their having more control.

The Texas Nameplate story is rare. Most of us who confront a difficult culture just have to move on once staying for a period enough to achieve near-term goals.