1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Corrective Action Request

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Michelle Van Armada, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Michelle Van Armada

Michelle Van Armada New Member

The section 2 of the CAR is filled out by the auditee, so that means they are the one who will fill out the result of verification and the verifier? And one more thing is the CA no? what is that?

2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Hi, Michelle.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by Section 2...corrective action forms can vary between organizations. The response may also differ if the corrective action request was initiated by an internal or an external audit.

In my experience, for external CARs, the auditee provides the evidence supporting the verification activities and the registrar officially closes the CAR. Internally, it is based upon the process that your organization has developed. I've seen it where the lead internal needs to close it and I've also seen where the auditee can close it themselves. I've also seen where it can only be closed by senior management...so it really does depend upon your own organization's process.

"CA no"???? Do you mean CA Number? This is, again from my experience, a number to uniquely identify this CAR from any other CARs and is typically issued by the auditor. Some just use 1, 2, 3, 4, ... , n. My own process for internal audits is to use the year followed with a number starting from 01 (e.g., 1701, 1702, 1703, ... 17mn = CARs issued in 2017). This allows me to keep one log and is just one of several ways I can quickly determine the number of audit findings each year.

Michelle Van Armada likes this.
  3. Michelle Van Armada

Michelle Van Armada New Member

Thank you Ms. RozaneB