1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Auditing humour

Discussion in 'Coffee Break and Community Discussion Forum' started by RoxaneB, May 30, 2016.

1. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

I'm sitting in on a Day 1 Orientation as part of an assessment of our Orientation process. I'll be doing this for 4 of our 13 sites in the province. Day 1 of all the days in the 5-day Orientation process should be the most standardized. I expected this to be rather monotonous - I'm on my 2nd assessment out of the 4 - but so far, I've had some good laughs.

SITE 1
    Regional Director - <snip blah blah blah...lots of energy...words...> And now that you know all about me, I'd love to hear more about you. Starting with...you. *looks at me*
    Me - Hi. I'm Roxane...from Corporate...on the 3rd floor...doing the assessment.
    *silence*
    RD - OMG! I didn't recognize you.
    Me - *shrugging* Well, I'm not wearing my glasses. And, let's face it...when we met a couple of months ago, you were sick. Last week when we met again, I was sick. We really haven't seen each other during our finest hours.
    RD - So nice to see you without a Kleenex!

SITE 2
    Regional Director - Wow! Is it just me or is this group bigger than most?
    Supervisor - That was rude.
    RD - I meant in terms of numbers!...not...ummm...
    Supervisor - Girth?

2. Englishman Abroad

Englishman Abroad Member

Our previous external ISO TS auditor had a good explanation of the Deming PDCA cycle:

Please
    Dont
    Change
    Anything

I wondered if this concept had made it across the pond?

Jim Gardner and Claes Gefvenberg like this.
  3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

RoxaneB - please change the title! It's an oxymoron!

RoxaneB likes this.
  4. normzone

normzone Well-Known Member

Oh, this is good...this rare genre is right up there with Steve Martins explanation about why he doesn't do plumbing jokes.

Don't change a thing, [RoxanneB] - nice to see you without a kleenex.

On a not even vaguely related note, I saved the following email exchange yesterday:

Me: Customer has included a new aircraft worthiness requirement in this P.O. that I don't believe is applicable to us, either that or they have some unshared expectations we need to clarify

Sales: But we shipped this to them before !

Me: Yes, and it wasn't in those P.O.s - Please contact the customer

Customer: OMG ! I didn't see that on the purchase requisition - the normal quality guy is on vacation, and the guy covering for him put that in - please disregard.

Me: There is such a thing as a normal quality guy? And they get vacations ?

Our Project Manager: I don't think there is such a thing as a normal quality guy. You can't be normal and do that thankless job. Not possible.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  5. ncwalker

ncwalker Well-Known Member

Nothing beats "The Expert" sketch.

I tell my kids it is almost EXACTLY like this. They keep telling me it's not possible. My oldest has been in the workforce a couple years now and he agrees. :)