1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

AS9102 B - Is a FAIR required for a note change which triggers the drawing to be up issued?

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by Kapow88, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Kapow88

Kapow88 New Member

An example, a supplier changes name of an adhesive, everything stays the same apart from the supplier name is changing.
    The drawing references the supplier name so therefore the drawing will change to the new supplier or be removed all together. This change will trigger an up issue in revision to the drawing.
    I believe an FAI is required to comply with configuration control. How else can this be managed and controlled otherwise?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Welcome!

I always though that drawing should NEVER call out a supplier name (product or provider) because of such issues, but it seems that your organization has chosen to do that. As far as I understand such a note isn't affecting Fit/Form/Function (as long as the adhesive properties haven't changed) so you should be OK without a new first article. Has there been validation of the adhesive? Is it JUST a name change?

3. Kapow88

Kapow88 New Member

It is just a name change, the products material composition has not been affected.
    These are legacy drawings which call up the supplier name in the BOM. The BOM is referenced on the drawing.