1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

As9100D 9.3

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by nibin k k, Sep 11, 2020.

1. nibin k k

nibin k k New Member

I recently audited a MRO QA process.

One of the observation I made was, in the Quality manual they listed out the processes to be audited on scheduled intervals.I found out most of the processes covered except the QMS and QA process.
    That should be a minor finding reference to AS9100D ,section 9.3 because I believe that AS standards give more importance to QMS process and it’s continuous improvement. Auditing them may be one of the method to verify for the gaps.

Kindly share your inputs

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Firstly, what do you mean "MRO"? Was this the scope of the audit? Was AS 9100D the audit criteria?

I've never heard any process called "QMS" or "QA". In my experience neither a processes. Auditors should be using criteria to audit against, not "beliefs".

Based on what you've written, I think you are on very shaky ground as an auditor. Have you had some practical training?