1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Actions to address risks and opportunities

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by alipasa, Nov 19, 2016.

1. alipasa

alipasa New Member

Hi all

What do I have to do for ISO 9001:20015 clause 6.1

alipasa

2. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

According to 6.1, risks and opportunities are to be determined during QMS planning. There are at least two types of planning i.e. strategic and operational. (See 4th bullet on page 4 of ISO/TC 176 RBT presentation as attached here).

For strategic planning, to define the strategic directions of an organization where your organization's quality policy and objectives must support - you can use an analysis tool like the SWOT analysis. See below:
    upload_2016-11-20_9-34-5.png

For operational planning, actions to address risks/opportunities can be determined by tools like FMEA or a simple matrix like the one below (Example: Analysis of risks/opportunities at a fastfood Order Handling process):

upload_2016-11-20_10-0-52.png upload_2016-11-20_10-0-57.png

The "actions" should be incorporated into your QMS process. Then your internal auditors should evaluate the effectiveness of these actions in achieving the "planned results". The results of the evaluation should be part of the input on your management reviews.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  3. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

I forgot to attach the RBT guide of ISO/TC 176. Here it is.

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

Daniel Padilla T likes this.