1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

8.1.1 Multi-employer workplaces

Discussion in 'OHSAS - Occupational Health and Safety' started by John C. Abnet, May 1, 2018.

1. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day all;
    I have my opinion, but would like input/council from the group regarding the intent of the requirement..."at multi-employer workplaces, the organization shall coordinate..."

Can anyone give some examples of how they interpret/address this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I'm thinking this applies to such as safety on construction sites, John. The main contractor will have to make provision for all associated staff as well as sub-contract staff representatives - which if you've had any experience of major building can be very extensive and complex/complicated...

RoxaneB likes this.
  3. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

While I'm not familiar with the standard in question here, my first thought did not go to construction, but rather to the rise in co-shared work spaces - my own organization "shares" office space with various other organizations in a downtown, metropolitan setting. But to Andy's point, these types of environments are "run" or operated by a main party, who would be responsible for ensuring awareness of roles, responsibilities, etc.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Thanks to you both andy nichols and roxaneB. I appreciate, as always, the feedback.

Be well.

Andy Nichols likes this.