1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Stealth Quality Series Risk-based Nonconformance Tracking Log 07-Oct-2018

Action types assigned by risk. Automatically charts long term results data.

1. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Jennifer Kirley submitted a new resource:

Risk-based Nonconformance Tracking Log - Action types assigned by risk. Automatically charts long term results data.

Read more about this resource...

2. Vic B

Vic B Member

Hi Jennifer,
    I like the NC tracking log, I think it is a good tool for applying the RBT concept to NCs.
    I have a few questions, if I may:

How do I define the area/process and the problem type, specific to my company's operations?
    What are some examples of Problem Types? Are they different to root cause type?
    What does 8D mean?

Thank you for your help.

3. Jennifer Kirley

Hello Vic,

Area/processes are your organization's processes: strategic management (includes the Context subjects plus Management Review) production processes, control of suppliers, internal audit, control of documents, IT etc.

Problem types are what you notice have been going wrong. Spills, non-conforming product not controlled, mislabeled cartons etc. There is room for many in order to add more over time as things change.

Root cause is why the problem happened. If the listed Root Causes don't suit you, define your own. It might be useful if you looked deep enough to notice if you had problems with things like managing organizational change in personnel - that is, new responsibilities were not known, transferred from the previous process owner, or understood before the new process owner took over. Organizations that have enough "Needs training" can take that data and ask themselves what can be done site-wide.

8D is a disciplined problem solving method. It is project-based, used for complex or repeating issues. It is from Ford Motor Company. Other approaches can also be used, like DMAIC from Six Sigma.

I hope this helps!

4. Jennifer Kirley

Atul Khandekar likes this.
  5. Atul Khandekar

Atul Khandekar Administrator Staff Member

6. Tiloteberas

Tiloteberas New Member

thank you Jennifer!.
    It's very useful and inspirational approach.