1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Kaizen Ideas.. (Share Ideas for Office/Process Management Kaizen)

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by S. Noor Mustafa Shah, Jan 7, 2017.

1. S. Noor Mustafa Shah

S. Noor Mustafa Shah Member

Share the ideas for kaizen in office or management areas...

"HR Engineer (formerly QMS Executive/Deputy MR)
    Procon Engineering Pvt Ltd. (Pakistan)"

2. S. Noor Mustafa Shah

Issuing Certificate of annual OJT completion (on job training) to employee for increase in motivation and recognize the value of internal/on job trainings.

3. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

I am afraid I do not understand what you are asking for.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Me neither. Kaizen is incremental improvement. Are you wishing to improve issuing certificates?

5. S. Noor Mustafa Shah

i mean that.. this is no recognition for OJT .. and issuing an annual certificate to motivate employee may a kaizen... comment and also share other kaizen ideas,

6. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

If issuing certificates helps, then do it. But I would not call that a Kaizen event. I do 20 hours of continuous learning annually to maintain my certifications - 20 hours for each one. That maintains my readiness for work, is not motivational. I have read that Kaizen events for HR are those that would provide measurable Return on Investment.

How do you know what would motivate your personnel? Have you asked them?

7. johnnymo77

johnnymo77 Active Member

I think improving office processes is what kaizen can be helpful with.

You could look at standard things that are done often in the office, like processing some form or document. Kaizen to speed it up, remove obstacles, increase efficiency, increase effectiveness, etc.

If you have measurables for Training or Employee Satisfaction, then employee recognition, like your OJT Cert, can be part of a increasing effectiveness of the process.

8. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Since Kaizen is about changing for the better, some initiatives for the offices that come to my mind include:
    • for Document Management - use of electronic-based review, approval, registration and distribution;
    • for IT services- use of electronic ticketing than manual request for IT services (e.g. have to accomplish Job Request forms);
    • for Records Management - digitize old records to lessen storage of paper-based records which are prone to deterioration and are fire hazard;
    • for HR Management - provision of incentives for those with exemplary performance;
    • for Audit Management - feedback system and evaluation of internal auditors from their auditees