1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Quality clinic room

Discussion in '5S, 5Why, 8D, TRIZ, SIPOC, RCA, Shainin Methods...' started by SIVARAMANE, Jan 11, 2017.

1. SIVARAMANE

SIVARAMANE New Member

Hello everybody,

I work as a Quality Assurance Manager in a aircraft maintenance firm.
    We repair parts from aircraft only repair no new parts production.

They ask me to implement a "quality clinic" in order to react quickly and erase completely the occurence of non-conformities.

What is this ?

It is like a room with all our non-confomrities in the past ? problem solving team ? pictures ?

Can you help me please ?

Best Regards

2. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

Welcome SIVARAMANE! from the phrase "react quickly and erase completely" I would think that you are being asked to form a rapid response problem solving team to get at the cause and solution for nonconformities as they are found...

3. charanjit singh

charanjit singh Member

Sivaramane, I assume you are being asked to do this by the top management of your maintenance firm. If so the best course is to have a discussion with the concerned boss to understand what THEIR concept of Quality Clinic is. Follow it up with a draft outlining the functions of the proposed clinic and how you propose to organize it. Get it approved by the concerned and carry out implementation of the same. Not having an idea of what "they" have in mind may cause mismatch between your thinking and their expectations, resulting in ...you know what.

Alternatively, prepare a proposal for organizing Quality Clinic assuming that, this group is required to take immediate containment action when a problem is reported, to be followed up with root cause analysis and corrective action so that the problem does not occur again. Get this proposal approved and go ahead. Perhaps you may find this course better. It all depends upon the commitment level and attitude of your boss.

Best of luck!