1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Buying a generic IMS manual

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by MichelleW, Oct 11, 2016.

1. MichelleW

MichelleW New Member

Hi All

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a generic manual that covers 9001:2015, 14001:2015 and the current 18001. I want a base document to work from rather than start from scratch.
    Many thanks.

2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Hi MichelleW.

While I'm sure such a thing exists in a document control software application, isn't there something in the back of the standards that shows alignment? There was in older versions. You can use this alignment to create your document.

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hi Michelle! It's not that much work to create one manual for all 3 requirements, really. The biggest problem with "generic" is that it's often more work customizing it than writing from scratch!

4. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

I agree with Andy. To be honest, my organization developed our manual according our to business structure of PDCA. We slotted in the sections of the applicable standards into the P, D, C, and/or A and created a matrix to show this to help auditors (internal and external) stay in scope.

5. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

It's easier to integrate today since ISO's management system standards have the same structure unlike before.

6. Ian Banister

Ian Banister Member

Hi Michelle - I'm new to this myself and I have been thinking along the same lines as yourself and there is a guy selling such generic manuals on ebay (UK) - it's not me selling them to be clear! and I've not bought one - just found him doing my research. Hope it helps

7. Nick1

Nick1 Member

Hi Michelle,

I hope you are able to find a generic manual that really first your needs. Maybe if you find one which is specifically written for you line of business it might help. Otherwise it will take a lot of time to customise it to your needs like Andy already pointed out. Good luck.