1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Friday Hangout

Discussion in 'Coffee Break and Community Discussion Forum' started by Claes Gefvenberg, Aug 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

One day you will have to unwind. I hope I will not go through a period of computer withdrawal and start dreaming about work while I am in the middle of nowhere. I went through your experience being a track and field mom and no time for myself. It will get better, I promise.

Emmyd likes this.
  2. Nikki

Nikki Well-Known Member

Happy Friday All! Looking forward to the weekend!

Claes Gefvenberg likes this.
  3. MCW8888

I came back from my vacation not even missing my computer. I am happy to be back.

4. Claes Gefvenberg

Claes Gefvenberg Moderator Staff Member

Day four on the recieving end of a four day audit of four standards including one recertification... Yeah, I am knackered. TGIF...:confused:

5. MCW8888

Wishing you all a Blessed and Peaceful Easter!

Emmyd and Claes Gefvenberg like this.
  6. Claes Gefvenberg

Likewise... and some rest at last: It's been a bit hectic lately. Happy Easter, all.

7. Claes Gefvenberg

Friday again, and I am going through a lot of documents on their way to a customer, while I dread the weather I have to face when I go home: It's bucketing down at the moment. :(
    Um... Anyone else enjoying themselves with origami during lunch? :D
    [​IMG]

PaulJSmith likes this.
  8. Candi1024

Candi1024 Well-Known Member

We are getting 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow! I would take the rain!

9. Claes Gefvenberg

I'm not so sure... Rain just over the freezing point is decidedly unpleasant... Particularly if you've had it for a week. :confused:

Candi1024 likes this.
  10. drgnrider

drgnrider Member

Rain, Snow, we could use either, the water tables are low. So what do we get instead... 25 MPH winds. :( So much for repairing fences this weekend. At least not climbing this weekend. :D

Have a good weekend ya'll.

Claes Gefvenberg likes this.
  11. PaulJSmith

PaulJSmith Well-Known Member

No origami here, and it's only 09:00. Traffic was unusually bad for a Friday morning. My morning tea is starting to kick in, so there's that.

My wife's Grandmother died about a month ago. While we've inherited the farm, we've also inherited 95 years worth of "treasures" to go through. Our evenings and weekends have been, and will continue to be, busy, to say the least.

Weather here has been unseasonably cool this week. We got some rain the last couple of days, but nothing drenching. Supposed to get down below freezing tonight. I hope our peach and pear blooms survive.

12. MCW8888

I took my spouse to the emergency room yesterday. Luckily there was no complication and nothing to worry. Now it's Friday and we intend to just take it easy and relax after this event. Enjoy the weekend my friends.

13. Claes Gefvenberg

Glad to hear it. The E room is not where you want to spend the weekend.

14. PaulJSmith

Had a fun gig with my acoustic trio on Wednesday evening at The Hard Rock Cafe in St. Louis Union Station. We played during their Happy Hour from 6-8 (new math, I guess). The baseball team had a home game that night, so there was a very good crowd. Neat place built under the historic train shed, we were on the back patio looking out over a small lake. Very scenic.

Taking my wife golfing for the first time. She's been to driving ranges in the past, but has never actually played the game. Her company decided to use a golf outing (?) as a "team-building exercise," so she asked me to teach her the basics. Picked up a used set of clubs and a nice bag at a local shop last weekend. We'll hit a few balls on our property before heading to a local par 3 executive course early Saturday morning to walk her through the game. Should be ... interesting.

The rest of the weekend; finish cleaning out the garage, start cleaning out the barn, and in spite of all its open opportunities, that grass clearly isn't going to cut itself.

15. Marc Smith

Marc Smith Active Member

Re: Grass. Buy a couple of goats!

PaulJSmith likes this.
  16. PaulJSmith

We're actually doing that next spring, Marc. Property was divided up between us and another family member, so we have to redo the fence around the pasture first.

17. Marc Smith

Marc Smith Active Member

I was reading somewhere recently a park or something had a project going for several years where they used goats, which is why my reply. I wish I could remember where I read it. Bottom line is it was a public area project. They decided to get rid of the goats. In all honesty I have no idea whether it's a good idea or not.

Also, as an "Oh, my.." anecdote - There is a fellow about 1/4 mile down the road from me who has a small herd of goats. Now, he keeps them so the property can retain it's low tax "farm" property tax, but it does appear they keep the field surrounding the barn well groomed. I don't know the habits of goats - Sometimes I see them out, other times none. I know that parcel is fenced in with a barn in the middle, and I don't think he rotates them to some of the other plots he has (grows hay).

And - Sunny today and tomorrow. Have to cut grass here tomorrow. It has been rainy and want to let it dry out a bit.

18. hogheavenfarm

hogheavenfarm Well-Known Member

Sheep are actually easier to keep, goats like to spend the day getting out of fences, sheep are just content to munch away.

313073_10150283869758644_3505183_n.jpg

Claes Gefvenberg and PaulJSmith like this.
  19. Marc Smith

Marc Smith Active Member

The bells make it!

20. PaulJSmith

My wife's family had goats when she was growing up, so that's the way she wants to go. I really don't care one way or the other. Less brush hogging in the pasture is a good thing to me regardless of what critter is eating the grass.