1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Upgrading from ISO 2008 to 2015

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management Systems' started by Qualmx, May 20, 2016.

1. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Hi all
    I have seen a lot of information regarding the changes in Iso 9001 2015, but at first, is not so easy to evaluate how much work has to be done to do the upgrade.
    In my case, when the version 2008 is working well , for me, the easy way to upgrade it, would be to modify the minimal information, not to change everything according which is requested by the standard.
    Ill explain, If I already have the 6 mandatory procedures in 2008, and 2015 does not require a specific quantity, well, I ll try to let them as they are,for the case of current records, I would keep, same thing happens with the quality manual, I would keep it, even when is not required, I only would modify clauses numbers and edit which is necessary, it will serve me as a reference,and similar situation occurs with other information.
    Have you happened a case like this, and want to share the experiences?
    I mean for the upgrade not to start from scratch, following the standard,row by row.
    but to keep most of the information already working in 2008 and just to add which is mandatory for 2015.
    For example for the risk, to have like a matrix mentioning
    all the risks, evaluating them and taking actions.

For the rest of changes trying to modify or eliminate the current procedures, formats, working instructions.

Please share your experiences, is it possible to do it this way?

Thanks

Sinead likes this.
  2. Claes Gefvenberg

Claes Gefvenberg Moderator Staff Member

Of course you should keep your current system and update it as necessary, but the word necessary is a relative thing. I suggest a gap analysis covering all clauses in the new version (and do pay attention to the annexes: They are really useful this time), as a look at at the "old" stuff is very likely to reveal improvement potential as well as making it easier to come up with a seamless system as the end result.

Sinead and Qualmx like this.
  3. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

thanks Claes

4. kevin peart

kevin peart New Member

Hi

New to the site so not sure how this all works, I am going through the same process and have a checklist that I am cross referencing that may help? Its simple but is allowing me to review MUST DO against nice to have then reviewing what exists against the standard clauses and simply adjusting whats not quite right.

Hope this makes sense, lots more information on the approach

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

Sinead, Claes Gefvenberg and Qualmx like this.
  5. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Thanks kevin

6. Nick1

Nick1 Member

Last winter we supported a company with this same process. We started with the required HLS such as the risk assessment, context analysis and stakeholder analysis.

We used part of these analyses as input for the revision of the procedures. However, we kept in mind that in essence the company will be operate in the same manner as with the ISO9001:2008 certificate. I mean the company still produce or delivers the same product/service.

In the end you don't have to change much but during our audit we experienced a focus on consistency in the management system. So if you identify a risk make sure you mitigate this with a clear solution, e.g. procedure. To accomplish this some procedure will need to be rewritten.

Good luck.

Sinead and Qualmx like this.