1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

EMC Test Plan IEC60601-1-2 4th Edition

Discussion in 'IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety' started by nikolaos, Aug 11, 2015.

1. nikolaos

nikolaos Member

Hi All,
    I am preparing a EMC test plan for a ME according the 4th Edition of the IEC60601-1-2. Is there anyone here working on this to share the opinions?
    Thanks

2. Achaos

Achaos Member

Hi Nikolaos,

what´s your problem? How can I help you? At the Moment I`m preparing a test plan for the 4th Edition.

Achaos

3. nikolaos

nikolaos Member

Hi Achaos,
    I am using the EMC Test Plan (Annex G – 60601-1©IEC:2014).
    How to specify the Dwell time for each Immunity test?
    Thanks
    Nikolaos

4. Achaos

Achaos Member

Hi Nikolaos,

it depends from the function to be tested and the monitoring device to detect the failure mode (e.g. display change rate). If you use a display to detect the failure mode the dwell time shall be larger than the display change rate (e.g. 1 sec).

5. Pads38

Pads38 Member

I do not (yet) have Ed. 4 of the EMC standard but I think that the determination of dwell times, for the radiated and conducted immunity tests, remains unaltered.

The rationale, for the 2007 version, at clause 6.2.3.2 d) and e) states:-
    So dwell times are dependant upon what your device is doing, and what functions are being monitored during immunity tests. (Effectively your "Essential Performance"). The drawback of lengthy dwell times, of course, is that it substantially lengthens the time taken for each frequency band.