1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Stability and Linearity

Discussion in 'Gage R&R and MSA - Measurement Systems Analysis' started by Larry Ricketts, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Larry Ricketts

Larry Ricketts Member

During a recent audit it was brought to our attention that we were required to do gage stability, and linearity test on all gages that are called out on our control plans. I understand the process of both, however I can not find were it is indicated anywhere that this is a requirement on all gages. Can someone please help me out.

Thanks

Larry

2. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

Wow, it strikes again. There has to be a secret memo somewhere that was sent to the auditors.

We had the same finding. Even though all our customer wanted was gage R&R, I was told by my CB that the IATF told them during an audit that a complete MSA must include stability and linearity. Chit rolls down hill. Good luck.

3. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Larry
    Three questions
    Is it about ISO 9001?
    Do your core business calibrate instruments?
    Do you calibrate your instruments or they are sent to a
    supplier?
    Once you answer, we may be able to provide some advice.
    Regards

4. Larry Ricketts

Larry Ricketts Member

The question came up during our TS audit. Yes we do calibrate some of our gages hand tools, Calipers, mics, indicators and so on.