1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

QFO is one month old !

Discussion in 'Forum News, TOS and Policies' started by Atul Khandekar, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Atul Khandekar

Atul Khandekar Administrator Staff Member

The Quality Forum Online is one month old.

The progress so far has been really encouraging: Over 140 discussion threads and a thousand posts already!

A big Thank You to each of the 360+ registered members for joining and spreading the word. Many of you, especially, Andy, Soma, Roxane and others who used their social media presence effectively to announce the new forum site to their contacts through tweets and Linkedin posts.

It's early days, but we have got some traction. We now need to maintain the momentum.

We owe a lot of this to Elsmar Cove. Particularly to Marc Smith, whose almost two decades of efforts not only established the need for such a forum but also demonstrated the solid value it can deliver to quality and regulatory professionals - both experts and novices.

Together, let's try and recreate that value.

Heather, Sandra T, Emmyd and 19 others like this.
  2. Claes Gefvenberg

Claes Gefvenberg Moderator Staff Member

Yes, Marc's effort left a legacy: I believe many of us suffered nothing less than withdrawal symptoms when the Cove went offline. Fortunately, I believe this place will turn out to be a worthy successor, and if every member gets a member (there is no reason not to do so) we will continue to grow. Onwards! :cool:

3. PaulJSmith

PaulJSmith Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. Marc started a great thing with The Cove. We have the opportunity to continue that legacy and fill the void left by it's absence. We're off to a great start, thanks to Atul and many of the old "regulars." Let's keep it growing.

4. MF3009

MF3009 New Member

I definitely went through withdrawal - so glad to have this new forum - :)

5. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

I brought in new friends to this forum. I have gone past the grieving stage and now, I know Marc is somewhere around. Atul you have done a fantastic job in bringing the legacy of Deming-Cosby-Juran-Marc back to life.

Atul Khandekar likes this.
  6. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

400+ members to date!!!!! This forum indeed helps people. Please spread the word.

Ravi Khare likes this.
  7. BradM

BradM Moderator Staff Member

If someone had told me ten years ago that you would make friends with a bunch of people online, I would have told you that you're crazy. But I did. I enjoyed having a hangout spot to visit and see what was going on with everybody.

I am deeply appreciative of Marc. Not only for what he did, but... well... I learned a lot from him. A lot. I learned a lot on the public forum, moderator forum, private messages, e-mails, and even text messages. He is a very smart man in many ways. I'll say this too... it's a woeful understatement to say how much he cared and was appreciative of the forum members.

I guess the one thing that I'm kind of glad from this, is hopefully he gets a little rest now, and don't feel he has to be online continuously.

PaulJSmith and Andy Nichols like this.
  8. BradM

That said... Marc was a very visionary man. He would expect this group to learn from previous shortcomings and oversights, and help make the QFO the top site in the world. And yes.... it can be done.

One of the first things we need to do is make sure that titles are clear and well done.
    Second, as much as we can, let's have information here that people will want to find. You folks are smart; I've been around you for a while. Put that knowledge in posts.

Finally.... many of us were senior members, former moderators and administrators. We know how we should all act and maintain proper decorum here at QFO. :) Atul and his team have been gracious enough to accept us all, without asking for us to pay. The least we can do is be on our best behavior and not give them any headaches to deal with.

I truly look forward to helping (albeit in some tiny fashion) grow this into a world class standard.

9. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hey now, we don't need to go THAT far... I'd prefer to call you and me acquaintances...:p;):Do_O

BradM likes this.
  10. BradM

:)
    Well.... I certainly didn't want to undersell anything!! LOL!! :D

11. PaulJSmith

PaulJSmith Well-Known Member

... and today we smashed through the 1000 member milestone!

Atul Khandekar and Alpine like this.