1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

IATF Lead Auditor Course recommendations

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Kate Carr, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Kate Carr

Kate Carr New Member

Looking for recommendation on IATF Lead Auditor Courses. I am in Canada.

Also, how is the AIAG course? Does anyone know? I have been involved in our QMS heavily (I do FMEAs / PAPPs / MSAs .... etc), but was always an auditee ... we are also a steel suppliers, so probably we get to skip some of the requirements. Worried I might not have enough background ...

I will be taking over all aspect of our QMS including internal auditing.

2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day @Kate Carr and welcome to the site.

Any course that is certified by Exemplar Global or IRCA will be suitable. I have use BSI numerous times and they are ok.

NOTE:
    1- while these organizations can and often do provide a good overview of the management system(s) that is relevant to you, note that these are often 'canned' training presentations and your experience may (will) vary greatly depending upon the trainer who presents to you.
    2- "Lead Auditor is the name of one of the offered courses. That is because it is designed for 3rd party auditors who may choose to become lead auditors (Lead Auditor is a 3rd party/certification body term that does not apply to certified organizations UNLESS your organizations chooses to adopt that term...which is also fine).
    3- I counsel you use the information you learn about the standards, but that you set up an internal audit system that works for YOUR organization.
    4- Unless you have a customer with a CSR that requires training, there are no training requirements to be an internal auditor. The requirements are....
    a) competent (training may be a part of gaining that competency)
    b) Impartial
    c) Competencies specifically spelled out in IATF 16949:2016 clause 7.2.3

I hope this helps.

Be well.

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

You don't NEED a Lead Auditor course to do this. Indeed, the Lead Auditor course is likely to be counter productive, because it uses the model of external audits, not internal audits - similar, but not similar enough. Save your money and time. Find an IATF 16949 IA course...

4. russell nugent

russell nugent Active Member

I would recommend the quality partners core tools as a start and also ask what online auditing courses they do .Also have a look at there youtube channel for a general overview . Industry forum also do some good online training and internal auditor is a fairly relaxed 2 day course compared to 5 day lead auditor .