1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ISO 9001 - AS9100 Gap audit

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by ReqTBD, Sep 23, 2022.

1. ReqTBD

ReqTBD New Member

All,

We'll be making the transition from ISO 9001 to AS9100 this fiscal year and (not surprisingly) as QM, I've been asked to perform a gap audit to help develop a transition budget. I'm relatively new to the company, so I don't have a full grasp of the resources available, budgeting process, etc. so I could use some help.

I've found plenty of resources going form no certification to AS9100, but almost nothing going from ISO 9001 to AS9100.

Can anyone offer advice or point me in the right direction to save me some time?

Thank you!

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I've attached a document which might help. It's even easier than that, really, because the AS9100D requirements are clearly laid out from the ISO 9001 requirements.

Beware, however, of an organization which claims its QMS complies and is certified to ISO 9001. There are often bit holes in the system which will need shoring up before As9100D certification. The AS9100D certification resets the clock regardless of any ISO 9001 certificate. Check if the current CB does AS9100D or is recognized (some AS 9100D CBs have much better standing in the Industry - NQA, for example). You don't state which region of the World you are in.

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

ChrisM likes this.