1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Project Quality Plan (PQP) & Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs)

Discussion in 'Other Quality and Business Related Topics' started by Lauren Williams, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Lauren Williams

Lauren Williams New Member

Hi

I've been given the task of creating a Project Quality Plan for a job we will be starting in the next couple of months as well as the Inspection and Test Plans. I have a template already for ITPs as we have used these previously however I'm a little stuck with the PQP which is being asked for. I work in construction and putting together a PQP is not something I've really done before. Previous ones I've looked at seem a little confusing to me there seems to be a mixture of ITPs and checklists.

Does anyone have any experience regarding these and wouldn't mind sharing the knowledge? Or could point me in the direction of some training to help me understand PQPs & ITPs?

Many thanks
    Lauren

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

In my experience of construction PQPs and ITPs they are, in essence, a "mini" Quality System.

So the plan would include, for example:

The scope
    The organization
    Roles, responsibilities, authorities
    Suppliers details (including the above)
    Documents and records needed
    The procedures (by reference) which are going to be employed (contract reviews, change control, document control, records control, non-conformance controls etc)
    Project management reporting (schedule/budget/quality)
    Internal Audits
    etc.

The ITP will describe the various various inspections and testing which is planned:

On suppliers and their materials/activities
    Required by the customer/regulatory agencies
    By the organization on it's products/activities
    Inspection methods & equipment needed
    The need for Calibration/verification (if not covered in the PQP)
    Records generated (if not in PQP)
    Review of results

Does this help?