1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Lesson learned examples under 7.1.6

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Qualmx, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Hi guys, could someone share lessons learned registered into the QMS?
    I get lost at this, because when in the system there are NCR´s CA´s Risk analysis, etc,
    from all of that, we got lesson learned.

Could you give us some ideas? but under the 7.1.6 requirements?

Thanks

2. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Hello Qualmx,

I do not believe that 7.1.6 is specifically about lessons learned. I believe it is more about how we ensure institutional knowledge is maintained with employee turnover.

Let us remember that the standard does not require everything to be documented as a controlled procedure for processes. Yet, personnel need to perform their tasks in support of the QMS. If these tasks are not all identified in procedures, work instructions, handbooks, flip charts, cheat sheets etc., how do we ensure the new person is enabled to perform in his/her role?

These procedures, work instructions, handbooks, flip charts, cheat sheets etc. could be the answer. I have noticed that organizations limit the detail in procedures in order to avoid an "audit trap." But this can result in an information gap for process users. ISO is interested to know that this gap is being met.

I hope this helps.

Qualmx likes this.
  3. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

7.1.6 is organizational knowledge. It answers the question “how do we do things around here?” Lessons learned is just a fraction of the total.

Qualmx likes this.