1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Online Auditor Training

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Elizabeth B, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Elizabeth B

Elizabeth B New Member

Hello - anyone have experience with Auditor Training Online (ATOL) courses? Recommendations for virtual learning for integrated management systems?

2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day @Elizabeth B ;
    Most of the "usual suspects" offer their auditor training remote or on-site. A quick online search will likely give you more options than you care to have.

Two considerations:
    - On-line is certainly a viable option, however, in my experience it lacks the interactions that often make face-to-face training more dynamic/effective.

- When you say "auditor" are you speaking about someone who will be conducting 3rd party audits on behalf of a certification body (CB) or are you speaking of providing an organization's team with internal auditor knowledge and skills ?

Be well.

3. Elizabeth B

Elizabeth B New Member

I am researching both. I am in a small site; <130 employees, 2 quality personnel. We are part of a larger, global org but not all sites are certified to ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001. When stating "Auditor Training Online" it is an actual provider ATOL. There are learn as you go courses with assessments. I'm looking to know if anyone has worked with this firm.

Our internal audit team will be about 5-7 members, quality and non-quality. They will need internal training. Quality members will need credentials to audit external suppliers as well.

4. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

They may very well be a legitimate organization, however, in my 25+ years in this business I have never heard of them.

Unfortunately, "ISO" is one of those worlds that (partly because a customer or industry often mandate a certification) has spawned NUMEROUS 'snake oil salesmen'.

You are doing the right thing by researching....looking for reviews. I personally have never heard of them (and the fact that the company name is
    "auditor training ON LINE" makes me very suspicious).

Best of luck...(please let us know what you do or don't learn about them)...

Be well.

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

These folks? https://auditortrainingonline.com/

If it is, the courses are accredited and will be about as useful as any other. They usually teach using the 3rd party model (the only one they really know) which is what the EG requirements are based upon, so bear that in mind.