1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Individual Training in basic metrology

Discussion in 'Training - Internal, External and Web-Based' started by 82holt, Jun 16, 2022.

1. 82holt

82holt New Member

Hi everyone,

I brand new the world of engineering and metrology. I've spend the last 20 years in a public service career and I'm going to be helping a friend of mine run his start up company where I will be completing receiving inspections along with some other roles. I'm looking for some certification programs to help build myself up in this community as well as learn the standards and procedures so I don't get anyone in trouble. Can some of you recommend the best certification programs or courses I should consider as a novice in this role?

Also, I found several of the online training websites, but its hard to tell which ones are actually respected and considered. Are there any? if so, where should I start.

Thank you,
    Andy

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hi Andy, Andy here! Welcome!

It helps to know where you are located, geographically, in the World.

3. 82holt

82holt New Member

Sorry, I'm located in North Carolina, near Charlotte.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Nice

OK, so your best option IMHO is to pursue the appropriate ASQ Certification, which from what you've identified above, should suit you. Check out the ASQ.org website and follow the directions. Raleigh NC also has a very active ASQ division and I've worked with them. Good people who will assist you!