1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Surveying QMS Team

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by ISO9001TD, Jun 15, 2022.

1. ISO9001TD

ISO9001TD Member

What are some tried and true, straight to the point, effective questions to ask my internal QMS staff in order to understand their thoughts on the current state of our QMS? I want to be able to survey to understand the true, boots on the ground, view and opinion of my staff. Are there core questions I should ask? If so, what questions would you suggest?

2. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

The questions I ask are as different as the people are. As the people in a personable, conversational manner. Use plain speech, small words. Consider what their areas of interest are, since their viewpoints would likely be based on whether they believe their areas of interests are being served.

RoxaneB likes this.
  3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

There's your question. "What..."

RoxaneB likes this.
  4. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Only you can determine what questions are suitable to ask.

What areas of your QMS do you wish to learn more about? The evolution? The technology? The culture? The list of possible questions is endless as is the list of possible topics.

Even the options for how to approach this is fairly long list. As a team? Individuals? Formal meeting? Off-site for coffee? Each approach has pros and cons.

At the end of it, though, if you're asking questions but not planning on taking action, that could end up doing more harm than good. I recommend giving serious consideration to what you're going to do with the information you collect.

Andy Nichols and John C. Abnet like this.
  5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]