1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

software: Document control system for ISO/AS9100D aerospace company

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by fluskercluck, May 17, 2022.

1. fluskercluck

fluskercluck New Member

Hello,

We are working towards ISO9001 and eventually AS9100D for our organization w/ ~120 people.

Currently we use google docs, which has many issues with permissions and UX/UI causing us to lose our files frequently.

• The main issue is when sharing a document you are just sharing links, the document stays in your individual (private drive).
    • Additionally the google docs format has conversion artifacts when moving to MS word, I am concerned continuing with google docs will lock us into a bad system.

Q: What is the recommended software or approach for document control with the goal of reaching ISO9001 and later AS9100D standard?

My current plan(s):

1. MS Word Docs + Subversion SVN

Use the account permissions in SVN plus a work instruction to control the master templates. Everyone can view/download, but only designated users can update them.

2. Mayan-EDMS: For retention of records/ use mayan-EDM

Create email addresses or watch folders which can accept digital or scanned hardcopies, create workflows which automatically tag and place the documents into "cabinets".

This would appear to meet the requirements to retention of records and will allow us to search effectively.

I would really like to get away from a paper system, but the dedicated software packages for QMS document control are absurdly expensive.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2022
  2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I use Sharepoint.