1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Customer specific requirements

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by russell nugent, Mar 2, 2022.

1. russell nugent

russell nugent Active Member

Hell all , first post on this site as you can probably guess it is a result of a BSI surveillance audit . I am looking for some guidance on two issues in regards to CSRs . 1- I need to create a matrix in relation to customers and where in the buisness there CSRs fall IE sales , QMS ect. 2- Each automotive customer has a large booklet in regards to CSRs , I am looking for advice on how to scan through and pick main CSRs and how to document them.

2. qmr1976

qmr1976 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! We basically took our main processes listed on our process flow map and listed which customers had a CSR for that particular process, and then updated the procedure to reference the specific sections in the CSR that covered that particular procedure. It's really a great tool to use during internal audits, as well. Good luck!

3. russell nugent

Thanks for your reply , I am the lead auditor and I agree the internal auditors would really benefit from this type of matrix .I take it you used visible / obvious CSRs such as packaging , labelling or SCs .The reason I ask is some CSRs are very suttle such as invoicing ect.

qmr1976 likes this.
  4. qmr1976

You are correct and my experience with some CSRs, is they pretty much echo what the standard says, which doesn't make it specific but we still have to reference it.

russell nugent likes this.
  5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I'd keep to the product and QMS stuff, only. A simple matrix of Product, QMS and Process against a reference to the paragraph, page etc of the CSR would be handy and people can go look it up if needed.

6. russell nugent

Thanks for your very helpful replies but I am really struggling to pull it all together visually .Could someone send me a snip or example of matrix in relation to where in the business it falls :) .

7. qmr1976

Here is what we have created for our customer specific requirements matrix. We basically took the IATF requirements and matched them up with our quality procedures, and then created another column to specify which of our customers have a CSR related to that procedure/requirement.

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

8. russell nugent

Guys thanks for your help regarding this CSR matrix , I have attached a picture of where I am at with this but apart from VDA audits I dont see what goes over and above IATF requirements .As per previous comments the CSRs only echo the standard .
    upload_2022-3-25_9-18-51.png

9. Donnyturtl

Donnyturtl New Member

interesting information