1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

QC Inspector Qualifications

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Andy Nichols, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

In an organization which is product design responsible, does the QC inspector (at the end of the production line):-

a) need to be fully qualified in the design (input) criteria?
    b) catch product design errors and omissions?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
  2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

a) no
    b) no

...but I'm sure you're prompting us think beyond the answers stated. Anxiously waiting ! ;)

3. Miner

Miner Moderator Staff Member

a) No. That should be the responsibility of a quality engineer responsible for new product introductions, not an inspector.
    b) Only to the extent that those design errors fail to meet the end-of-line requirements that the inspector is responsible for inspecting. Otherwise, it would be the quality engineer responsible for new product introductions.

4. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

a) NO. Inspectors (at the end of the production line) job is to check whether the product satisfy the criteria that were established by the product designers.
    b) NO. Inspectors stick to the criteria and they will enforce it regardless there are errors or omissions in the product design.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  5. S Russell

S Russell Member

I'm sure you're right, John!

As a QC Inspector, it is my job to see black and white. Is it in tolerance or not? Otherwise, I am an engineer and commanding a larger paycheck. ;)