1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

LOGO Change for Company

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Randy Westover, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Randy Westover

Randy Westover New Member

If we have introduce a new LOGO for our company, do i have to write a ECN for every form or can i just do a CAR for all forms to get updated with new LOGO? Any feedback would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Randy

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Randy, does your process for document control use a "change request" or similar? If so, all I'd do is write one and say "we changed logo on the QMS" and implement it. Alternatively, simply do the logo change, as documents come up for changes in the normal course of things for other changes. It's a great reason to NOT put logos on documents!

Randy Westover and John C. Abnet like this.
  3. Miner

Miner Moderator Staff Member

I just included a statement in my doc control procedure that stated non-substantive changes to logos, formatting or correcting of typos could be made without a rev change. It was never questioned.

BTW, we dropped the logo after we had to go through changes a few times. We left it on the cover of our Quality Manual for our customers, but dropped it everywhere else.

4. RonR Quality Pro

RonR Quality Pro Active Member

Absolutely agree with the recommendations to NOT include the company logo on your internal documentation - the same thought process extends to not putting names (just titles) on org charts, etc.

Don't make extra work for yourself - there will be enough problems with document control as it is.

5. Randy Westover

Randy Westover New Member

Thanks for all the input!!!

6. Miner

Miner Moderator Staff Member

Regarding the titles (great suggestion BTW), try to make these as generic (functional) as possible rather than word-for-word titles. At higher, contract levels (director and above), there are often legal particulars involved. When the company lets a director or VP go, they often cannot replace them using the same title, so they will change the title while keeping the role essentially the same.

7. junior1505

junior1505 New Member

Greetings of the day.
    If at all the change or design change request process is followed, there should not be an issue. That relates and elaborates the addendum and dedendum.
    Regards.

8. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

I know the original post has been adequately answered. I'm just curious why would you think that a CAR is needed for updating your company's logo? CAR is normally intended for initiating correction and/or corrective action on an identified nonconformity.