1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Please help me in creating a Corporate Quality Manual

Discussion in 'Documentation Control, Procedures, Templates,...' started by Roo141718, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Roo141718

Roo141718 Member

I am tasked with creating a "Corporate" type Construction Quality Manual. I have done many field QC Manuals on the O&G (Process) side but this is for a commercial construction group and I feel a little lost. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Could you tell us a little more? Is the Organization complying with an industry requirement such as ISO 9001 or API or similar? If so, may I suggest posting a new thread "Help Needed with Corporate Quality Manual" under one of the appropriate sub-forums and we can take it from there...

John C. Abnet likes this.
  3. Roo141718

Roo141718 Member

No it is not ISO Certified nor does it need to be. We are a Engineering, Design and Project Management Company that subcontracts all work out. We do Commercial and Industrial Construction oversight.

4. Andy Nichols

Can I ask the purpose of having a manual? What led up (the back story) to this task being assigned to you?

5. Roo141718

Roo141718 Member

Company does not have a quality program and based on client/owners asking them for a Quality Manual as a submittal they decided to create one.

6. pkfraser

pkfraser Active Member

Is it a client OR the company owners who asked?
    If it was a client, I would ask them for more precise details of what they want to see - is it "how you deliver the service" to them (in which case a traditional QM is unlikely to convince them)? If it is your owners, I would hope that they want the same comfort that you can actually deliver what you say you will deliver. In which case you need to define and communicate your processes.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  7. Andy Nichols

Is this an informal request from a client? Or is it contractual? Does the client seek assurances that the purchase they are making is is produced, by your organization, under controlled conditions? If so, the manual should reflect that and that makes a template for you somewhat different to the vast majority of template Quality manuals (which are usually full of techno babble)

pkfraser likes this.
  8. QueenOfQuality

QueenOfQuality Member

I QM consult and have a template Quality Manual that has been theough many UKAS inspections. I can send you the contents list if you like, as an idea of the scope of the QM.