1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.
  1. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

AS9100D Stage 1 "findings...

The snow removal, coffee supplier and Amazon are not listed as outsource suppliers.

The changes from Production to manufacturing in document titles means a whole new round of internal audits...

WTAF?

2. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

Normally I try to look from the auditor's point of view to see if there's any nuggets in a finding, however bad it may look on the surface. Not sure I can find any here. :)

3. Andy Nichols

I'm thinking iron pyrites here. Y'know "Fool's Gold"...:D

4. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

We could have a contest on the most ridiculous audit findings…We once had an auditor who wrote us up for not having our employee cafeteria recipes under revision control and the table top survey cards asking fro menu ideas weren’t under revision control either. The auditor was dead serious.

Now this particular auditor usually audited hospitals. Had no experience in manufacturing facilities (veterinary medical testing devices). I can see that hospital recipes fro patients who have strict dietary needs would want to ensure that the recipes were correctly aligned. Not sure that needs revision control, but…our cafe was a voluntary employee cafe for purchased food. Too many auditors have zero idea about what they are auditing and what applies. They just do it by rote. Or by that old (offensive) joke about a how deaf and blind person drives…

and yes I know many very good auditors who do know what they are doing adn they provide a valuable and welcome service. But too many are incompetent and the industry cant’ seem to regulate this at all….

Andy Nichols likes this.
  5. Andy Nichols

Agreed. The ABs don't seem to have a clue that the CBs are not in control of their auditors or the process. I'm aware of one notable CB who has someone responsible for auditor performance who doesn't have any prior experience in anything remotely to do with auditing, auditors, behaviors etc. How did they get THAT job?